.

.

Thursday, 31 August 2017

L' ACEA CI FA PAGARE ... L' ARIA !


 This video is from Simon Shack's YouTube


English translation:

This is about the latest bill I received from my local water company ("ACEA"). The bill amounted to the ridiculous sum of 3778.63 Euros - for the last six months of my supposed water consumption.

Well, a few days after I received this bill, the water supply was once again disconnected in my area (this has happened innumerable times during this particularly hot & dry summer of 2017).

So I went to my water counter - and opened the little control tap by its side (directed TOWARDS my house). Jeez! A powerful gust of pressurized air came out of it - while the water counter started spinning at 'supersonic' speed ! I almost thought the water counter was going to burst.


About an hour later, I decided to make this video. By then this "vacuum effect" had subsided somewhat - but you can still see the counter spinning rapidly. So what does this mean?

This means, of course, that WHENEVER the water supply is cut off for a few hours in my area, a powerful vacuum builds up in the system. Hence, whenever I open ANY tap in my house during those hours, the water counter will spin like crazy - and the water company will bill me for... THIN AIR !

I'm now battling with the water company. Stay tuned, dear friends.

Simon Shack's You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment